Housekeeping & Home Maintenance
Who is it for?
This Moon diary is useful for anyone interested in a healthy home environment.
It is a fabulous tool and can help you achieve great results in your home, without having to use heavy chemicals.
The Moontime Diary features all diary essentials plus
- An easy to read introduction which explains, how the Moon influences you and your environment.
- Practical tips aligned to the Moon inspire and guide you throughout the year.
- ‘Housekeeping by the Moon’ activity tables give you the best times for chores such as cleaning windows, doing laundry, paint jobs, setting fence posts and more …
- The ‘Timing Table for Planning and Work’ lets you the best times for bookkeeping, starting projects, moving home and more…
Housekeeping & Home Maintenance
Did you know that maintenance work, repair jobs and housework are best done while the Moon is waning? The two weeks between Full Moon and New Moon is indeed the most practical time to do all kind of cleaning jobs. You might have experienced it yourself when cleaning floors and windows:
Some times it is done effortlessly and turns out better than at other times, when you just can’t get it right. You might even have wondered how this can be so.
At least part of the explanation has to do with the moisture content in the atmosphere. When the Moon moves through water or earth signs, the amount of moisture in the air is slightly higher, even on dry and sunny days. This has subtle implications on some of the activities and daily chores we do, like cleaning windows.
Observe it yourself: when the Moon is moving through a fire sign (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius), the day has a dry and warm quality to it, relatively to the season, therefore it is easier and more effective to clean windows.
The Moontime Diary 2021 tells you all New Moon and Full Moon, Equinoxes, Solstices, Super Moons and Eclipses Dates. It features extensive tables and practical daily tips to help you find the best and worst times for more than 50 activities:
For Example, the two weeks between Full Moon and New Moon are best for:
- Cleaning, maintaining and repair jobs at work, around the home and garden
- Dusting and vacuuming while the moon is waning in Gemini, an air sign
- Watery jobs like laundry and cleaning are favoured while the moon is in Cancer, a water sign
- Mop timber floors, clean windows and mirrors while the moon is in a fire sign or an air sign
- Attending to your bookkeping and correspondence, particularly when the moon is in Virgo
- Beautifying your surroundings when the moon is in Libra
Find out how the Moon affects other areas in your life:
Some times cleaning windows is effortless and turns out better than at other times when you just can’t get it right. You might even have wondered how this could be the case? At least part of the explanation has to do with the moisture content in the atmosphere and
Spring Equinox ~ Wellbeing ~ Home & Garden Spring Equinox for your Wellbeing ~ Home & Garden September equinox is a special time for those of us who live in southern hemisphere. Flowers bloom and our cold blooded friends are warming up as the air has that spring feel to
More about Moontime Diaries
Iris Detenhoff has been publishing Moontime Diaries since 2006.